Auto Tech Brochure Click here!
Learn to troubleshoot and repair cars and light trucks by using the latest techniques and computerized diagnostic equipment. This program is NATEF (National Automotive Technician Education Foundation) Certified, and eligible students may become licensed by ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) upon completion.
Students will gain practical experience by working on vehicles donated by major automotive manufacturers and/or customer cars.
One credit of Integrated Math and one credit of Integrated Science will be earned at the end of the two year curriculum.
- Brake systems
- Electrical systems
- Emission systems
- Exhaust systems
- Steering and suspension systems
- Auto repair safety
- Diagnose engine problems
- Power trains
- Morrisville State College
- University of Northwestern Ohio
- Universal Technical Institute
- Alfred State
- Lincoln Tech (Nashville Auto-Diesel College)
Career Opportunities Can Include:
- Auto Service Mechanic
- Auto Service Manager/Owner
- Auto Specialty Technician
- Tire Repair Technician
- Parts Sales Manager
- NASCAR Technical Assistant
NYS Area Colleges with Related Majors:
• Communicate verbally and in writing
• Apply problem solving skills to
• Work individually and as a team member
• Follow multi-step directions
• Ability to lift 25 lbs. unaided
• Serve community members courteously
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Entry-Level Certification