TASC Exam Dates:
Computer Based Exams:
November 14 & 15, 2018
December 14 & 15, 2018
Call 607-257-1561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Download an application! The exams fill up quickly so call to see if there is still room!
High School Equivalency
TST BOCES offers flexible programming to meet a variety of needs in the community. These flexible program options will help you reach your goal of attaining a high school equivalency diploma and help to improve opportunities for academic and career goals.
Classroom instruction is offered at various locations during daytime and evening hours. In addition, Distance Learning offerings are designed for those unable to attend regular classroom sessions or who are interested in working independently with the help of a tutor.
Students are assessed and counseled into the most appropriate program option to assure success. To explore these program options, those interested should attend an orientation and complete a placement test. Need transportation? Here are some options:
Way2Go and Way2Go Zimride!
TASC TEST RESOURCE HUB– NEW information and blog from TASC!
Create a TASC account or Access TASC Results (3 days after for computer based/14 days for paper based exam)
The Regents – HSE Examination Pathway allows Passing Scores on Regents Exams To Be Used in Place of TASC Subtests
The New York State Board of Regents approved regulatory changes to provide an additional pathway to earn a New York State High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma by allowing individuals to use passing scores on certain Regents exams in place of the corresponding TASC subtests.
The Regents-HSE Exam Pathway will go into effect on April 25, 2018, and shall permit candidates seeking an HSE Diploma to use passing scores on the following Regents examinations for up to four of the five corresponding TASC subtests. At least one TASC subtest must be passed to earn an HSE Diploma via the Regents – HSE Examination Pathway.
The following table details which passed Regents Examinations will be credited for the corresponding TASC subtests:
|Regents Exam||HSE Subject Area Credit|
|Any Mathematics Regents Examination||TASC Mathematics|
|Any English Language Arts Regents Examination||TASC Reading and Writing|
|Any Social Studies Regents Examination||TASC Social Studies|
|Any Science Regents Examination||TASC Science|
Did you know that NYS has a new high school equivalency exam?
- As of January 1, 2014, the Test Assessing Secondary Competency (TASC) replaced the GED® as the test used in NYS to earn a high school equivalency diploma.
- Click here for the latest info for TASC takers.
- The GED® is no longer offered in New York state. (However, previous GED® scores are still being honored toward TASC completion.)
What does this mean for you?
- Make sure you meet the new requirements for all students as of January 1, 2014
- The TASC uses the same test format as the GED®
- NY State Ed will honor passing GED® scores toward the TASC exam.
- We offer the TASC exam (paper based and computer based) several times throughout the year
We can help!
- Daytime and evening classes are available.
- Study at Home or online (Distance Learning) programs are available also.
- Classes are FREE!
Directions to register for TASC!
Click here for directions to register for TASC!