TST BOCES will be hosting a Chemical Safety in the Educational Environment workshop at Trumansburg High School, April 27 at 8:30 a.m.
This workshop is intended for chemical hygiene officers or staff that work closely with laboratory chemicals. Topics this workshop will cover include:
- Regulations and standards
- Chemical Hygiene Plan: adapting the BOCES template for your school/district
- Roles and responsibilities of a chemical hygiene officer; working with faculty colleagues on regulatory compliance and risk reduction
- Hazard assessments of experiments and demonstrations
- Common problems in labs
- Lab walk-through
- Resources: references, inspection checklists, Safety Data Sheets and more background information on issues, problems, and solutions
Exercises and case examples are used throughout the workshop. Workshop completion certificates will be issued to participants from WNYCOSH. To sign up and for more information about the workshop please visit My Learning Plan. View the flier here.
For more information contact:
TST BOCES Work Environment Health & Safety
607.257.1551, ext. 6022