Early Childhood Brochure Click here!
Early Childhood Education provides students the opportunity to learn about child development and child psychology. Students learn about the characteristics and behavioral needs of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
The Early Childhood students operate the CTE Pre-School three days a week. While operating the nursery school program, students learn how to care for children, ages 3-5 years old.
The students will develop learning activities that they will implement during their time as lead teacher. In the second year of the program, students gain hands-on experience through internships at local pre-schools, childcare settings, and elementary schools. This will provide an excellent opportunity for networking!
- Creative learning activities
- Guiding children effectively
- Types of early childhood programs
- Working with special needs children
- Understanding health policies
- Curriculum development
- Creating a healthy environment
- First aid and safety
- Music and movement
- Food and nutrition
- Involving parents and families
- Child development, birth to school age
Students are eligible to earn up to six college credits from Tompkins Cortland Community College.
- Tompkins Cortland Community College
- SUNY Cobleskill
Career Opportunities Can Include:
- Preschool Teacher Aide
- Day Care Provider
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Elementary Teacher
- Have good reading comprehension skills
- Maintain confidential information
- Follow safety procedures
- Work individually and as a team emember
- Act and communicate as a role model for 3-5 year olds
- Respect diversity of children and families
- Be enthusiastic, reliable and trustworthy
First Aid and CPR Certification