Is New Visions Right for Me?
New Visions students must be college-bound, motivated, and academically competitive, and they should demonstrate an interest and desire to learn about the program to which they are applying. By the end of their junior year, New Visions students must successfully complete and pass:
- Regents Exam in Integrated Algebra
- Regents Exam in Geometry
- Regents Exam in Algebra 2/Trigonometry
- Regents Exam in Living Environment
- Regents Exam in Chemistry, Earth Science, and/or Physics
- Completed 3 years of Science and Mathematics taught at the Regents level
- All required Regents exams (Global History, English, U.S. History)
High school juniors from TST BOCES component schools may apply to a New Visions program for their senior year. Acceptance into a New Visions program is very competitive and selection is based on:
- Academic Courses and Grades Earned
- Teacher and Counselor Recommendations
For more information, potential New Visions students and parents are strongly encouraged to attend the Open House for their program of choice. Listed below are the dates and locations of the New Visions Open House Events:
Wednesday, March 8, 2017 – New Visions Life Sciences Open House – 6-8 p.m. The Open House will be located in the Guterman Research Center, Room 110, at Cornell University. The snow day for this event is Tuesday, March 14, 2017 – same time and location.
Thursday, March 9, 2017 – New Visions Health and Medical Careers Open House – 6-8 p.m. The Open House will be located in the Howell Education Center, 2nd Floor of the Cayuga Medical Center. The snow day for this event is Tuesday, March 15, 2017 – same time and location.
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 – New Visions Engineering Open House – 6-8 p.m. The Open House will be located in the Phillips Hall, Room 219, at Cornell University. The snow day for this event is Monday, March 13, 2017 – same time and location.