Apply to New Visions
High School Juniors can apply to New Visions online or by submitting a hard copy of the application.
- For online applications, click here.
- To download an application, click here.
- For New Visions interview questions and information, click here.
All New Visions completed applications must include the following information:
- Typed Written Essay
- High School Transcript
- Current High School Report Card
- Current School Year Attendance Record
- English Teacher Recommendation Letter and Evaluation Form
- Second Teacher Recommendation Letter and Evaluation Form
- School Counselor Recommendation Letter and Evaluation Form
Student must complete the entire application, including the essay, and submit to their high school counselor no later than Friday, March 24, 2017. The completed applications, including all supplemental materials, will need to be forwarded to the Career and Technical Education Student Services Office no later than Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
Students who qualify for New Visions will meet with the interview committee, which will be comprised of two professionals, along with the New Visions teacher. The interviews will be held between 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. on April 10, 11 and 12, 2017. Interviews will take place in the Career and Technical Education Center Main Office on the TST BOCES campus, and they will be approximately 45-50 minutes in length.
Students are expected to dress professionally for their interview. New Visions interviewees will be asked to produce an on-the-spot, handwritten writing sample prior to their interview. Specific interview questions that will be addressed are available in the New Visions Interview Format Sheet. Applicants will be notified no later than May 1, 2017 if they have been accepted into the New Visions program for the 2017-18 school year.